27 Mar COVID-19 Updates
Dear Patients and Families,
We hope this information finds you and your family in good health. Our communities have been through a lot over the last few months and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing that remains the same: our commitment to your safety.
With that being said, we are so excited to be opening up soon! We have missed you all so much and are ready to be back up and running!
As we begin the first phases of opening Hess Orthodontics, there are several new protocols we will be implementing, but we want you to know we are following all CDC requirements and ADA recommendations.
First and foremost: All appointments between March 17th to May 31st have been cancelled and rescheduled. You do not need to call the office to reschedule your appointment. We will be texting your new appointment date and time. We are trying very hard to get everyone in at a reasonable time but as we were closed for several weeks, your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated. Space will be limited as we will have full schedules for the next several weeks, so please only call to reschedule if there is a true conflict.
If at this point, you have NOT received your new appointment date and time, please give our office a call!
What changes can you expect at your appointment:
Curbside Check In:
- One of our friendly team members will greet you at the door to check you in for your appointment. From there, we ask that you wait in your car, until we text you or come out to get you.
- Our waiting room will be closed, including the games, beverage stations and sitting areas.
- We will be giving you a health questionnaire before your appointment to fill out.
- We will also be taking temperatures of patients and anyone who comes into the office, including our team members. Anyone with an elevated temperature will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- In an effort to limit any risk of exposure, our toothbrush stations have been closed down, so we are asking patients to please brush at home, before you come into the office.
- We may ask you to use a special rinse depending on certain kinds of procedures.
We Look Like Aliens!
- We are going to be in some protective gear to help keep not only you and your family safe, but also our team. This might mean wearing thicker masks, surgical gowns and face shields for certain procedures. Don’t worry! We’ll still be our funny, personable selves, just with a weird look!
- We will be practicing social distancing still within our offices. That being said, we are asking only the patient come into the office for their visit while families remain in the car. Patients under the age of 12 can have one guardian come with them back into the clinic.
If you’re feeling ill or someone in your family is ill, we need you to reschedule your appointment for a later date. Please give our office a call as soon as you can so we can allow that spot to be filled by another patient. If you cannot make your appointment for any reason, please let us know as soon as you can. We have a lot of patients to see and another patient can use that spot if you can’t make it in. Don’t worry! We will get you in as soon as we possibly can.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your treatment or appointment by all means give us a call! We are here for you and we are so excited to be reopening! We missed seeing you all so much and we want to take this time to thank you for all of the understanding and patience during this time.
We look forward to seeing you, soon!
Dr. Hess & Team