When should you see an orthodontist?
A properly aligned smile looks and functions better. Here are a few common reasons why patients visit us for orthodontic treatment:
- Crowded teeth: Sometimes, a mouth is too small, causing overlaps.
- Gapped teeth: Small teeth or a lost tooth can cause open spaces.
- Improper bite: An overbite, underbite, open bite or crossbite occur when your bottom and top jaw don’t fit together as they should.
- Thumb sucking: After the baby stage, thumb sucking may prevent teeth from moving into the proper positions.
- Teeth positioning: An orthodontist can guide permanent teeth to erupt correctly.
Properly aligned teeth reduce decay by making a mouth easier to clean. Orthodontic treatment might also resolve headaches, muscle pain, tiredness and sinus pain.
At Hess Orthodontics, we’re here to help our patients smile brighter. Our team includes four expert orthodontists and a caring staff ready to serve patients in the Tampa area. We offer the latest technological advancements — including the Synapse Dental Pain Eraser — for maximum comfort, efficiency, and convenience. We provide everything from early treatment to adult orthodontics, and you can start today by scheduling a complimentary consultation online.
Growth Guidance Program
According to the American Association of Orthodontists, children should start seeing an orthodontist at seven years old. Our Growth Guidance program monitors abnormal bite patterns and misaligned teeth during your child’s developing years, helping to determine if orthodontic treatment is needed and the best time to start treatment, setting them up for a healthier permanent smile. Your complimentary orthodontic appointment includes X-rays and consultations from a Growth Guidance Coordinator.
Lifetime Retainer Program
Maintain your beautiful smile with a permanent or removable retainer. Wearing a retainer is an essential part of ensuring a long-lasting smile. Every three to five years, retainers need to be replaced, which can run $600 or more per set at other practices. But at Hess Orthodontics, our Lifetime Retainer Program lets you enjoy free retainers for life — even if you move away. You only need to pay $800 now, plus the cost of future co-pays.